Indoor TAnNing!! Amazing It is Not Banned!!
Check out the short video below about the dangers of indoor tanning beds and their link to cancer and premature aging.
Why take the risk when you can look the same without any of the risks?
ADA findings for indoor tanning beds – know the risks:
- The United States Department of Health and Human Services and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) International Agency of Research on Cancer panel has declared ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun and artificial sources (such as tanning beds and sun lamps) as carcinogens (cancer-causing substances).6
- Indoor tanning equipment, which includes all artificial light sources, including beds, lamps, bulbs, booths, etc., emits UVA and UVB radiation. The amount of radiation produced during indoor tanning is similar to the sun, and in some cases is stronger.7,8
- Studies have found a 75% increase in the risk of melanoma (the most deadly form of skin cancer) in those who have been exposed to UV radiation from indoor tanning, and the risk increases with each use.9,10,11
- Evidence from several studies has shown that exposure to UV radiation from indoor tanning devices is associated with an increased risk of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer, such as squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma.1,2,10,12
- Studies have demonstrated that exposure to UV radiation during indoor tanning damages the DNA in the skin cells. Excessive exposure to UV radiation during indoor tanning can lead to premature skin aging, immune suppression, and eye damage, including cataracts and ocular melanoma. 1,13-16
- In addition to the above mentioned risks, frequent, intentional exposure to UV light may lead to an addiction to tanning.17
- Indoor tanning beds/lamps should be avoided and should not be used to obtain vitamin D because UV radiation from indoor tanning is a risk factor for skin cancer. Vitamin D can be obtained by a eating a healthy diet and by taking oral supplements
- In a recent survey of adolescent tanning bed users, it was found that about 58% had burns due to frequent exposure to indoor tanning beds/lamps.18
- The FDA estimates that there are about 3,000 hospital emergency room cases a year due to indoor tanning bed and lamp exposure.19
Why take the risk? Join Millions of Folks getting a spray tan even in the summer!